Beyoncé has been in the news over the release of her sixth studio album Lemonade. The album has gotten rave reviews since its release on April 23, 2016. But did you know 2 Nigerians (Laolu Sebanjo and Uzo Emenike aka MNEK worked on the album? While Laolu’s work is pretty much known, little is known about MNEK the other Nigerian who worked on the album.
Below are 10 facts about him:
- He is a British/ Nigerian born in Lewisham, London
- His real name is Uzo Osisioma Emenike
- His stage name is pronounced M-N-E-K
- He is 22 years old. He was born on November 9, 1994
- He has been nominated for a Grammy
- He is a singer; songwriter and record producer has worked with the likes of Madonna, Kylie Minogue, Diplo, Zara Larsson, Naughty Boy, Little Mix, JoJo, Clean Bandit and most recently Beyoncé.
- He worked with Beyoncé on her song ‘Hold up’ off her Lemonade album.
- His song with Zara Larsson ‘Never forget you’ is currently on the Billboard top 100 charts.
- His debut single ‘In Your Clouds’ was featured as part of an iTunes Ones to Watch campaign.
- He is currently signed to Virgin EMI records.